*Fixed the blog awards link below in case anyone was trying to click through*
Welcome to all the new people who have stumbled upon my blog in the last week. This is my weekly segment where I share the top 5 things I found on the web in the past 7 days. This week there’s some parenting stuff, some stuff to save you money, all of it worth a read (IMHO):
- Free international calls (although you have to pay for the call to Iowa); here’s a direct link to the countries that they currently support. (Hat tip the Consumerist (there’s an explanation of how the company makes money in that link).
- Remember how I told you about Refund Please, which will watch for lower prices on your Amazon purchases and e-mail you if you can get a refund. Well, Price Protecr (not a typo) will do it for a whole bunch of stores including Amazon. If you buy a lot of stuff on-line, it seems like it’s probably worth checking out (Hat tip Lifehacker)
- 10 tips for successful parenting in 2007. OK, so many of them you’ve probably heard before, but it’s always nice to get a refresher course and there were a few new tips to me as well (Hat tip Parent Hacks).
- Confessions of a parent. Pretty funny; I think I could probably confess to most of those in the little time I’ve parented so far.
- Potty training rewards that don’t involve candy. Not sure it will work, but we’re going to be starting fairly soon, so it seemed pertinent and a good idea to me.
Added bonus: Everyday Mommy is hosting the First Annual Hidden Treasure Blog Awards (hat tip Rocks), so if you wanted to go and, lets say, nominate a post or two from a certain someones archives, I certainly wouldn’t mind. At any rate, keep your eyes out for good posts in the blogosphere for the next few weeks. Nominations start Feb. 1st.
Previous Web Round Ups in case this didn’t meet surfing needs for the day.