That time of the week already. Just an FYI, you’re being watched (anonymously), so click with care, I may adjust the links I share based solely on your clicks (or lack there of). Lots of random stuff this week for you to check out (but light on the blog reading side). If you’re only here for parenting info, jump down to #5:
- A magnetic spice rack that’s definitely a DIY project. If you’ve got a magnetic area near your stove, it might be a good idea (Hat tip Lifehacker).
- A good list of what you should buy generic and what’s worth it to spend on brand names. There’s even a justification for each (Lifehacker again).
- You can kill the stuff growing on your sponge (I know, you can’t see it, but it’s there) by putting it in the microwave. You need to wet it first, apparently, that’s not totally obvious. (Lifehacker was apparently the only blog I read this week).
- DIY home improvement stuff on the web is a little lacking because sometimes pictures just aren’t enough. AOL has a new set of videos for home improvement DIY (hat tip Little Dumb Man).
- And last, but certainly not least, Parentography has nothing to do with taking pictures of your parents (or kids) and everything to do with finding things to do with your kids. Parents write up reviews of places (parks, restaurants, etc) and you get to learn from the collective wisdom of the parents in your area (or steal ideas from the parents in your next vacation spot). It’s Web 2.0 for parents. (hat tip…I saw this like 10 different places in the last 12 hours; apparently they have a good marketing department).