Hmm, very parent heavy this week. I guess lifehacker was slacking this week. Here’s the top 5 things I found on the web that you may or may not have also read:
- Shannon realizes that there’s no way to look like a good parent while talking to poison control. Don’t worry, everyone’s OK. Having had a preschooler decide that Tumbs looked like a pretty good candy, I can relate.
- Brett has some tips to teach your kid to be a little less self centered since apparently generation Yers are pretty egotistical. Go add some of your own tips.
- Rob is a new dad of twins. He’s learning his new role with the primary one being teaching his new kids how to burp. I’d add wrestling with them to the chores when they are a little older.
- In a bad mood? Go watch this kid laugh for a few minutes. I guarantee you’ll be happier or your money back (hat tip Strollerderby).
- Chicken Soup for the Adopted Soul is looking for entries. All you people that write better than me (or is it I) should enter. On the off chance you think I’m cut out to be published in something that doesn’t have the picture of a micro-organism on the cover, please suggest a post I could make into an article for entry (thanks to Shannon for the heads up).
OK, one more because I want to try out this collaborative white board site. Go to this Skrbl page and add anything you want. You should be able to see everything everyone else has added as well (I think its in real time, so you may see stuff added while you’re there). You might want to skip it if you’re on dial up; it’s a little slow on our T4 connection in the lab. It seems pretty cool, although I’m not sure for what. Perhaps as a electronic note board between parents on different computers?