Happy Memorial Day Weekend 2007!!
1. We started off our weekend on Friday with attending an award’s ceremony at Meron’s school. She got an award for Perserverance throughout the year. Go Meron!!
2. After we enjoyed a rare lunch alone together before picking the kids up at school. Guess where we chose to eat. We had a romantic lunch at Carl’s Jr. The choice was funny, but with no one fighting with each other it was quiet. No toddlers were throwing food either.
3. We went to Rosarito Beach in Mexico to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary, and Yordie’s 2nd Birthday. She enjoyed hitting the pinata, doing the limbo, and playing musical chairs. She didn’t win any of the competitions, but she was the only toddler up there with the other big kids so kuddos to her for effort. We got many compliments about how cute she was. She loved swallowing the gum in the pinata.
4. Estifanos beat a twelve year old in the musical chairs competition. He kept saying all weekend, “I am the winner.”
5. A girl Meron was playing with in the hotel pool asked her, “Why is your mom not brown like you?” Meron said, “Because she wasn’t in Ethiopia with me.” If adoption and racial issues could only be as simple as through a child’s eyes.
That is our weekend at a glance.