I got tagged by Julie so here are seven random things about myself.
1. I am totally a novice on the computer. This lack of computer skill is why I didn’t just put Julie’s web page by her name. I grew up in a house where we had a word processor until I went to college. I actually had a Commador 64 too. Then I went to college, and my parents still bought me a word processor. They said that in their day all they had was a type writer, so look how lucky I was. My first computer was a handy down from my boyfriend at the time, Brian. I guess he gave me a hand me down computer, and I gave him a wife.
2. I was the Pepsi Hotshot Basketball Champion of my elementary school in 6th grade. I went on to compete at the county level. It is kind of funny because I am only 5’5 now. I used to play basketball with all the boys in the neighborhood when I was growing up. I was and still am such a tomboy.
3. I had over 100 imaginary friends when I was little about 3. I even had names for them all. My dad used to write down all the names, and he read them off at my wedding during his toast.
4. Speaking of my dad, when I was 4 I would get up at 4:30 every morning with my dad. We would read the paper together about President Jimmy Carter and the Iran hostages. I would then shave with him, and do morning exercises. I even had my own play shaving kit. I was and am a daddy’s girl, and so are my girls.
5. I was voted most Unforgettable in my high school class and most changed at my reunion. I think it is my hair style changes, or that my friends nick named me Mad Dog. I think I got this nick name because I was quiet as a freshman and then became outgoing and hyper by senior year of high school.
6. My sister and I used to write a monthly newsletter about the events going on in the house when we were kids. I was a cub reporter. I think this is because she is 5 1/2 years older than I am that she was editor in chief.
7. Brian and I met building houses in Mexico in college. I was dating someone else at the time. I came home and told my mom, “If I weren’t in a relationship I met this guy that I would date.” After 11 years as friends/partners , 7 years of marriage, 3 kids, two dogs, two cats, and many fish we are still going strong. I guess I was right I could date him.
I am going to ponder who to tag next. Any suggestions?